20 years old, the big turning point
Being 19 means being a teenager for the last time: it means you are still allowed to be immature and a little crazy and it means that people won’t yet expect the best behavior from you. That’s why there are certain things that you need to do before turning 20.
This doesn’t mean that once you reach the fateful 20 years, you have to be perfect and you’re not allowed to have fun or be carefree.
However, being 20 means leaving the world of ingenuity and unawareness and entering a world in which your choices and your actions have a real weight, not so much from the legal point of view (since that is acquired once you turn 18), but especially on a personal level.
For this reason, I believe that there are some things that need to be accomplished before turning 20 since, in my opinion, it is necessary to look at these things with the eyes of a 19-year-old and have a well-rounded experience.
One thing that always works for me, when I want to reach a certain goal, is creating lists: in this way, I can keep in mind everything I want and, above all, I can imagine it realized.
Most of the time I end up completing all the points on the list, and I come out from it satisfied, happy and even more motivated.
My list of the 20 things I want to do before turning 20:
- Buy something you always wanted but never got
- Go on vacation with your best friend
- Go to a concert
- Talk to your crush
- Run a marathon
- Watch the sunrise and the sunset on the same day
- Go camping
- Go on a road trip
- Read twelve books in one year
- Learn how to hula hoop
- Learn a new language
- Go clubbing with your friends
- Go on a social media break for one week
- Try 5 different cuisines from all around the world
- Visit at least 3 countries
- Live one day seizing every opportunity
- Flirt with someone
- Wear something that you would never really wear
- Start saving money
- Go out to dinner and don’t use your phone
What’s your list of things to do before turning 20?
Feel free to share them in the comments down below. I could add them in my bucket list as well!